Higher Venton Farm, Widecombe-in-the-moor
Welcome Sheet – Accommodation Guidance 2021/22
We would ask you that this Welcome Sheet be read in conjunction with our Guest Bond.
We will be operating the farm B & B on a reduced capacity as we open:
- Whilst social distancing measures are in place the farmhouse where possible will be limited to
our resident guests.
- We expect that some of the measures listed below will change as time goes by as all aspects of
COVID-19 safety protocols are constantly under review.
- The family will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain social distancing.
- We will be wearing protective equipment when and where necessary. Much of this will be
behind the scenes.
The “new normal”
- Will be continental style self-service in the dining room – none the less delicious.
- All rooms occupied by the family will be private and remain isolated from guests.
- We are unable to enter your room once you have checked in.
- The process for towels china & bin changes will be marked clearly.
- We will not be able to provide a pack lunch, but can provide ingredients (£6 per person).
- We have excellent produce on offer for a packed lunch at Widecombe General Store.
Open 08.30 to 1700 every day 01364 621588.
- Guest Wi-Fi is now available. To login, find Guest Wi-Fi. This will take you to BT webpage.
Click get online.
- We will do our best to dry boots and outer waterproof garments but cannot wash or dry any
personal items of clothing.
- If you require help with your luggage please leave it by your vehicle and we shall arrange for
it to be to be taken to your room. Only suitcases, holdall, and closed bags.
- We ask all guests to adhere to check in and out times.
- Check in 4.00pm – 5.00pm phone to agree a later time up to 10.00pm no later.
- Check out 10.00am.
- Please ensure you view the Rugglestone Inn and The Old Inn web sites for all information regarding
menu, pre booking and seating arrangements.
- Ensure we have clear instruction and with prior notice should you have food allergies or dietary preference
you wish us to know about. We are far from the shops!
- We are a working farm with sheep cattle ponies, farmyard cat & dog, please discuss with us prior to your
booking if you are allergic to animal hair/fur.
- All but essential furnishings will be removed from the guest rooms, we are sorry for this guidance as this
will not have the same welcoming charm to our farmhouse.
- Every guest bedroom and en-suite will be cleaned and fully sanitised before each stay.
- For the safety of all of us we will not be offering a daily bedroom cleaning service. No one will enter your
rooms during your stay.
- Guests will be provided with hand sanitiser in all our bedrooms for use during your stay and this will be
replenished as required.
- In the event a guest has symptoms during their stay, they will be asked to return home as soon as possible, if safe
to do so.Please read government guidance here and scroll to "People staying in accommodation that have
symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19)".
- The Dining room and entrance porch will be cleaned daily and fully sanitised.
- Please only walk from the car to the house, the farm is active the welfare of our animals is paramount, and we
cannot work this safely with visiting guests and ask for your full cooperation here.
- We no longer have a card machine on site so ask guests settle in cash or in advance of their stay on BACS.
Please ensure the correct money is ready. No change given.
- We ask for a non-refundable deposit of £20 per room per night.
Room rate based is on 2 persons sharing per night
- Twin room en-suite £80
- Double en-suite £80
- Single room with private bathroom £48
Single occupancy in twin and double rooms £48
- We have low access, steep stairs in this ancient farmhouse, please discuss accessibility with us before booking to
ensure your stay with us is safe and comfortable.
- All well behaved dogs remain welcome you will need to bring food and bedding. They are not to sleep on the
furnishings or bedding in any circumstances. No dogs are allowed into the dining room except for assistance dogs.
Dogs must always be on a lead and kept under control.
Overseas Guests must check all current government guidance and public transport availability prior to booking.
Essential for this rural area.
- Should you need to cancel the non-refundable deposit due to covid-19, we will in any event carry forward
your deposit paid.
- We may have to cancel your holiday in the event of a guest developing symptoms of covid-19 whilst with us,
or even through test, track, and trace or simply a member of the family testing positive. We will undertake to
re arrange your booking should we ever find ourselves in these unfortunate circumstances.
For Government guidance please click here.
- Each booking taken is based on being provisional – given the above.
- Please ensure you have adequate travel insurance or funds should you be required to isolate with us at
Hr. Venton Farm. The cost will be at the daily room rate with extra for any requested supplies or services.
Whilst we strive to ensure your stay will be happy and fulfilling the “new normal” is going to be very different and we
ask for your forbearance and cooperation if you have any questions to bring to our attention. We very much view
working together throughout this difficult and challenging period. Please let us know rather than post on social media.
Guests are required to read the Hr Venton Farm Guest Bond alongside this Welcome Sheet and acknowledge terms
when booking to stay with us.
Thank you for your support, we look forward to seeing you soon.
Margaret & Mike
The Hicks Family